Forest Technician / Timber Cruiser / Field Assistant
(Forestry, Logging & Mill Operations)
Nortech Forestry Ltd
Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada
Nortech Forestry Ltd. is a well established and stable company which has been operating continuously in Quesnel, BC since 1988.
We currently have immediate openings for full-time positions in the Quesnel area. Work will consist of carrying out or assisting with reconnaissance work, block, road and riparian layout and assessment, GPS traversing, timber evaluation/cruising, SP data collection as well as other related tasks and associated mapping and office work.
Qualifications / Assets:
• Experience in related or similar work, several field seasons would be an asset
• Be a safety-oriented team player with strong organizational, communication, supervisory and computer skills
• Excellent field skills, experience working in remote access situations, willingness to travel if required, willingness to learn new skills
• Must possess a valid class 5 BCDL with a clean abstract
• Must be physically fit and able to fully perform duties in a variety of weather and terrain conditions
• Possess good problem solving skills, have an ability to change and adapt work plans
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent map reading skills and ability to accurately map out features in the field
• Experience with pertinent field/office equipment and related software